Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recovery or Bubble?

I'm starting to get depressed about this economic recovery. Overall I'm glad to see the country emerging from last fall, but the speed of the stock market upswing is unreal. I'm up over 60% this year and I feel somewhat like I did 2 years ago when nothing looked appealing. Investing has been easy for the past year. Throwing darts would produce a sizeable return, but now the bargains are drying up. I fear we may be heading into another bubble. At this point one of my greatest hopes is that this upswing might be sustained by the massive amount of money that will continue to flood the market as employers start to reintroduce the company match on retirement contributions.

As for now, I'm still bullish on Nike, Harley Davidson and I'm starting to take a closer look at Buffalo Wild Wings (you gotta admit the commercials are catchy), though I've never eaten there so I may have to do that before I lay down any investment money.

No comments: